Take it or leave it
1. Humour but again English humour is not to be confused with good humour generally or cheerfulness.
2. Modesty/self deprecation: as a counterbalance to their natural arrogance
3. Recognition of achievement: no glass ceiling for the ‘hoi polloi’ see OBE....etc.
4. Cricket : I have no idea what is going on in this game but I like to see all of them and mainly Johnny impeccably dressed with their nice white outfits
5. Boden : It seemed to me nice clothes for the weekends in the country but after leaving for a while in England it tends to be my everyday outfits
6. English Breakfast for the morning and Earl Grey/Ceylon for the afternoon
7. Courtesy /Politeness in the extremes like the following “Excuse me, I’m terribly sorry but you seem to be standing on my foot!!!!”
8. Oxbridge Institutes/Oxford, Cambridge. Everyone who was at these institutes would announce that fact within 10 minutes of the start of the conversation... not too bad it could be in the first 10 seconds
9. Picnics with silver cutlery enjoying a concert in the gardens of an Estate
10.Not killing each other
And as a typical Greek I cannot stick to the rules I have one more 11th which is Adrian Mole, the quintessential English character
Hm ...and.. something else Pop music....!!!